Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 20 - Denver Omelette Mug

Yay!  The scale went down again this week, just a little, but down is down. :)

Started my day off with a yummy HG breakfast.  Green pepper and onions with ham and cheese egg mug, delish.  My husband was jealous, he said he could smell it all the way upstairs.  I gave him a little nibble. 

It was a productive day, lots of things done.  Too bad the cleaning fairy didn't visit my house while I was gone.  My daughter got the cutest costume tonight for her pom class, I cannot believe the recital is a week and a half away.  Only one more class to practice!

I was thinking today about how hard it can be to take care of things for yourself when you are a SAHM with little kids.  Like a simple dr appt.  Without a babysitter it can be really hard to schedule something during the day.  I feel lucky that we have some family in town that has been available during the day to help me out over the past couple years.  I had no clue what to do when I first started staying at home.  Wish I had made some friends that lived close to trade off babysitting for instances such as these....but now that the kids are in school part or most of the time and there are no more babies for us, guess I'm past that stage.  It's definitely not easy, and it's not real easy to ask for help sometimes either.  I would start typing about mommy guilt, but that might go on forever.  I'll save it for another day.

Had to turn on the a/c yesterday.  The hardwood floors and the railing up the stairs were wet; ugh, the humidity is already through the roof.  We usually can get to June 1st without a/c, but I really just want to be comfortable.

Got to eat lunch with my daughter at school today, brought her food from the golden arches to eat.  It's pretty rare that we go there these days.  It was fun to sit with her and her friends.  Love that she wants me there!  I'm sure it won't last.  Off to get the kids some pjs, eat well and plant some flowers this week.  Watch them bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment