Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 17 - Pizza! Pizza! Egg Mug

It was a pretty good day.  I definitely did not get enough sleep last night by far, and I'm pretty tired right now.  We worked outside this afternoon, got the front of the house looking pretty nice.  I planted some things and trimmed some bushes way back, spread some mulch too.  Muscles are a little sore from bending and reaching, but I'm happy with the result.

Everyone loves pizza for breakfast!  I thoroughly enjoyed the pizza egg mug this morning, it was yummy!  Especially beside my bowl of mango.  I'm excited because the Food Network is showing HG episodes starting tomorrow.  We don't get the Cooking Channel here, grrrr.  Can't wait to see a whole show!  It's fun to see her videos since I got to meet her last summer during her cocktail book tour stop here. :)

My daughter is feeling better, thankfully.  I made her rest part of the day, but she did play with a friend and did get to enjoy the beautiful weather we had today.  I originally wanted to do a big brunch for Mother's day, but those are super expensive sometimes.  I think I'm going to wait a few years til the kids will actually enjoy it too.  I came up with the idea of taking a picnic lunch to a state park somewhere and doing some hiking.  Not sure if my daughter could handle it, so I think we might be heading out on the river in the 'party cruiser' tomorrow with said picnic lunch to enjoy the river.

It was fun to watch my son run through the sprinkler today with a look of pure joy on his face.  Those are the memories.  Eat well, I know I am. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment