Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 16 - S'mores Oatmeal

Writing late again today from scrapbooking night with the girls.  Breakfast was sooooo yummy!  The s'mores oatmeal was creamy and tasted just like I was camping.  It's going to keep me buying oats at the store from now on, plus my husband really likes the creations as well in addition to plain oatmeal.

My daughter came home sick with me after volunteering at her school.  I was happy that I got to help her class, she was glad to be there for a little while.  But she spent the rest of the day on the couch.  Hope this clears up soon.  Thankfully our weekend is completely clear.

This is my night out for the month.  I get to hang out with some really good friends, share good food and drink, stories and pictures.  I'm always happy when I get to go, every month doesn't always work out.  I know I'm a much better mom when I get some time away...I think I've mentioned that before.

I hope the families devestated by the tornadoes are able to move forward with their lives soon.  I know it can be tough dealing with insurance companies and contractors and I can only imagine how hard it is when you are trying to hold onto some shred of your life as it used to be.  I have been keeping them in my thoughts and prayers and hope that I will find a way to help them.  I have been really trying to share whatever we have to offer with those less fortunate or those going through a tragedy.  I feel very lucky and blessed with my life as much as I might complain about the daily struggle.  I just need to remember how special my life is with my family.

It's been a rough day for food, I was trying to save extra points for tonight, but a whole day stuck at home is always challenging.  It's a close day, but I will be good for the rest of the week.  Looking forward to planting some flowers and ground cover plants this weekend.  I'm sure it's going to rain tomorrow, but Sunday is supposed to be nice.  We also need to get our garden in the ground if we are going to...the strawberries are coming in nicely.  Too bad we still have jam from last year.....good thing my husband likes it on his oatmeal.

My son's preschool class today song some songs for Mother's Day at pickup time, they were all so cute!  He also planted a flower for me.  My special little guy. 

It's getting late and I'm ignoring my friends...eat well and hug your loved ones tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment