Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 18 - Raw Apple Rollup

Happy Mother's Day!

It's almost over, but it turned out to be a pretty good day.  The cruise on the river did not go as planned due to the motor getting flooded and fuel leaking and so on...the kids did enjoy playing on the 'beach' in the sand and mud and water.  So we headed to a park to eat the picnic lunch I packed this morning.  Sat at a picnic table with lots of bugs, so the kids were whiny.  They played on the playground for a little while then we left to get frozen custard from a local place.  I was good and tried their 95% fat free vanilla with strawberries, yummy.

After a quick shower and turnaround at home, we headed over to my best friend's house to join them for their annual Mother's Day barbecue.  Had a blast!  The kids all got to play together and there was good food and fun conversation.  Always nice when she and I get a moment to talk, they are fewer and farther between these days.  Got the kids home and showered and in bed early for a change, guess they were worn out from our adventures today.

They were so sweet to me this morning.  My daughter made me a construction paper rose, talk about creative!  Then she made one for my son to give to me...awwwww.  I'm a pretty simple gal most of the time, so their hugs and love is plenty to fill my heart with joy.

So after all these meals today, of course I hadn't had my HG recipe yet.  Hmmmm...so I made a quick raw apple rollup, pretty simple.  The LC cheese was super creamy in contrast to the apple, and all wrapped up in a tortilla (one of my favorite things) was a nice light snack tonight.  I did get some spiked freckled lemonade as well at my friend's house although the chocolate strawberry mudslides were gone, so I missed out on those!  Guess I'll have to make them at home.

It's getting late, I'm glad it's 2 hours earlier where my mom lives, so I'm going to go call her now. :)  Eat well and hugs to all those wonderful mothers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment