Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 115 - Super-Sized Berry-nana Oatmeal Parfait

This breakfast was really yummy!  I love these cold oatmeal dishes..good for after walking in the morning and I'm still a little warm.  I do have to admit that I didn't have any bananas for this recipe, so I used extra strawberries.  Bananas are not my favorite fruit...they have to be perfectly ripe for me to like them.  The oatmeal base had a great flavor with the cinnamon and vanilla.

Heading to a back to school night for my daughter this evening, cannot believe she is a 2nd grader!  I'm excited to see what this year brings for her.  She has a teacher that everyone loves, so it should be fun and challenging too, I hope.  She's been reading so much all summer, so I think she'll be right on track there.  Now if we had only worked on her handwriting more....sigh.

Tomorrow morning we head to preschool open house for my son, he's in the same room as last year, so it should be a nice refresher for him.  His teachers are wonderful, and I know he's going to have a blast. 

What am I going to do with all this free time?  Clean, clean, clean, at least that's what my husband would like me to do...and I will be doing alot of that.  I'll also get to run some errands that I have been putting off and grocery shop in peace.  I also hope to take on some house projects like decluttering and wallpaper and more.  I need to put together a to-do list and just work through it.

Eat well!

No comments:

Post a Comment