Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 6 - Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Parfait

I was so excited for this morning because I was having my HG meal for breakfast, and I started it last night.  It is one of the cold oatmeal dishes that needs to be chilled for a couple hours, much easier to do overnight than get up earlier.  So after smelling the pumpkin pie oatmeal before it went into the fridge just left me dreaming about it til morning.

Until morning when I woke up at 4:40am with serious pain in my shoulder and neck.  Like really serious, like 8 on a 10pt scale.  And I usually do pretty well with pain.  I couldn't get comfortable in bed, so I tried the couch.  Not sure I ever fell back asleep.  Ibuprofen and tylenol haven't been able to touch it yet.  BUT my breakfast was truly delicious.  I love pumpkin and this recipe did not disappoint at all!

Oh, and I did get on the scale this morning, it went down from last Thursday, but not by much.  At least I have a clean slate for the upcoming week.  Wish me luck!

Both kids are in school right now and I've gotten some errands done this morning.  Always go quicker without the kids.  I truly believe I'm a better mom after I get some 'me' time.  I love being at home in a quiet house with no sound at all, it is really peaceful.  And the sun is out today which is just fabulous!  It probably won't last, but I will enjoy it while I can. 

Thanks for reading!  Eat well, and have a safe and fulfilling day!

No comments:

Post a Comment