Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 3 - PB&J Oatmeal Heaven

I woke up this morning to see on the news the devastation north of us from the tornadoes and storms last night.  I could not believe the destruction of the homes in its path.  I couldn't believe that the airport was shut down.  All I can do is send my prayers to those affected and hope that recovery can be smooth and quick for all of them.  I am thankful that no fatalities were reported and that everyone was able to reach shelter in time.  We did spend most of the evening in the basement waiting for our area to clear.  Lots of fun for my daughter and her friend sleeping over. :) 

I decided to eat my HG meal for breakfast since I was up early and had the time to prepare it.  I tried the PB&J Oatmeal Heaven and it was pretty true to its name.  Again, preparation was pretty simple.  Some measuring and chopping and stirring...but it was worth the wait.  I'll be honest, oatmeal has NEVER appealed to me beyond being a healthier breakfast option.  But this was GOOD!  The creaminess of the oatmeal and the peanut butter and strawberries came together in breakfast perfection.  And so filling!  I actually couldn't finish it all at first, had to come back to it later and warm it up in the microwave.  It's a little higher in WW pointsplus, but for me not too bad and worth every bite!

It has been a day of cleaning, organzing, and wishing it were sunny outside.  I am hoping to have a garage sale next Sat, so I'm getting things ready for that endeavor.  I hope I can make it happen!  I feel like decluttering our house will lift a weight from my shoulders.  We shall see.  I'm looking forward to celebrating Easter tomorrow, hopefully the Easter bunny will make an appearance and the kids won't complain too much when we go to mass.  I hope to have a fun visit with family tomorrow as well.

Have a good night!  Hug your loved ones tight!

1 comment:

  1. It's probably worth mentioning that you had steel cut oats, in lieu of rolled. That may of helped in the enjoyment of oatmeal?

    ReplyDelete