Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 5 - Shrimpylicious Eggrolls

I have to say that I am really tired of the rain.  April showers have gone on long enough.  I wish that we could share some of this rain with the southwestern states where there have been droughts going on this winter.  And the thunderstorms and tornadoes, ugh.  I know I suffer from mild to moderate seasonal depression, and it seems like this rain and weather and being trapped indoors has gone on soooooo long this year.  I know it's a transition time, but please let it be over soon.  I wonder if this will be a mild summer or a hot one for the record books, anyone know what they are predicting for the Midwest?

My daughter was off school today, so after my son's gym class, they both got their haircut.  Thankfully the salon was not busy and we were done quickly.  I'm always proud when my kids behave in public; it makes life go smoothly for all of us.  It doesn't happen all the time, so I make sure to praise them when it does. 

Rumble, rumble of thunder, seriously?

My husband has been craving Asian food, so we tried the Shrimpylicious Eggrolls for dinner tonight.  I don't think I've ever made eggrolls before.  Lots of chopping for this one, the preparation took longer than the other recipes I've tried thus far.  I love the trick of spraying with cooking spray then baking to give a resemblance of the crisp shell that results from frying.  Not exactly the same thing, but it works.  The eggrolls were filling and tasty, especially with the sweet and sour sauce I had saved from previous takeout food.  A trick that I may or may not have gotten from Rachel Ray.  I think my husband enjoyed them as well.  With some brown rice on the side, it was a pretty decent dinner.  I think the kids liked their hot dogs and bell pepper, sigh.

On these days of crappy weather I find myself wandering around the house, taking care of little tasks, but wanting to wander back to the pantry.  The candy leftover from yesterday isn't helping at all.  But I'm on point for today, so...I must tell you that I dread Tuesdays, that's the day that I have to climb on the scale and admit to WW online how much I weigh.  Never been to an actual meeting.  The first time I lost all that weight was almost completely on my own.  I was on the journey with my best friend across the miles and we kept each other accountable and shared recipes along the way.  Then kids came along.  Anyhow, I didn't weigh myself til Thursday last week, so I'm not sure the scale will change.  Easter dinner from yesterday probably won't help either.  It was too yummy!

Currently my husband is building with Legos with the kids; I know he loves that fact that they enjoy something he loved growing up.  Gives him a chance to be a kid again...wait a minute, do they ever truly grow up?  Love ya honey!

It's PSR night, so I'm sure my daughter will be kicking and screaming along the way.  And I need to go ask Jacques to record my TV tonight, assuming my husband hasn't already scheduled something...hmmm, whose birthday present was this?

Eat well and try to stay dry if you are close!

2 comments:

  1. Right now I am looking at eBay for a HD Homerun dual tuner so we can record ATSC over the air high def and QAM digital in the clear cable channels. In layman's terms, 3 tuners instead of 1!

    ReplyDelete