Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 10 - Pizza Burger

Well, it was a gorgeous day today, so much for the rain I thought was predicted.  It allowed the kids to play outside almost all day; it was pretty peaceful around here.  Got a few things done.  I cannot believe it is May tomorrow!  Where has the year gone?  I have to admit I feel like events and commitments in May are closing in on me, between PTO and PSO and GS stuff that I need to get done or events I need to attend.  Crazy time of year!

I made myself a HG pizza burger for lunch today with a big salad.  I decided to leave the bun out of the meal this time, and it was yummy!  I'm a true pizza lover, so the flavor was great without the points!   I also made a veggie fried rice recipe for dinner, it just isn't out of the 300 under 300 book.  That was tasty too!

Wish I could have made it down to my alma mater to celebrate with some special girls this morning; I'm sure they had fun.  Another time perhaps. 

I'm reading a really good book that's part of a series that my parents turned me onto...see, I absolutely love to read.  My husband always feels more neglected than usual when I'm in the middle of a book.  I have many authors that I read, and I'm always open to suggestions for enjoyable escapes.  I am really thrilled that my daughter has developed a real passion for reading; she continues to amaze me as she speeds through chapter books now.  I shouldn't be surprised since she is my kid, I guess.

We are having pictures of the kiddos taken tomorrow.  I have this spot at the bottom of the stairs that holds a nice 10x13 frame that I like to change out every year around their birthdays.  Running a little late this year, my fave store closed so we are heading to a different one tomorrow.  Same chain, different location.  Hope they are still open when we get there!  ...Just called to make sure we have a confirmed appointment, all set. :)

Must go get the kids to bed; they need their beauty sleep.  Eat well, hug your loved ones tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment