Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 7 - Flat-Top Patty Melt

Another rainy day here…blech, going to start building a boat tomorrow.

I went to a meeting this morning that just depressed me about what our high school will be like once my children actually get there.  It’s not a pretty picture as the budget continues to get cut.  Those programs that make our school district great will disappear as the years go on.  My husband tells me that he is excited about my passion for education and trying to help ensure that our kids get a good one.  I think he’s just happy I’m passionate about something besides children’s clothing….

I decided to make our evening meal the HG one, so it was a bit of a scramble to get it done. I’m actually typing before we eat, but I’ll finish the entry after we get done.  I have training for Girl Scout day camp tonight for three hours, so my husband gets to enjoy the company of the kids without me.

I don’t think this garage sale is going to happen, I’m just not motivated to bring up everything from the basement to put it in the garage and then have to walk to my car in the rain.  Besides, it’s going to rain on Saturday; will a sale really do that well in the rain?  Maybe I’m just being lazy, but I am truly wanting to get rid of all the old baby/kid stuff we have in the house.  Our basement is seriously bordering on being shown on ‘hoarders’.

Flat-Top Patty Melt was something I thought my husband would eat and that I had the ingredients to make.  It was okay, I’m not a really big onion fan, so that’s just me.  I might need to change up my ingredients.  And although fat free cheese has come a long way, it just isn’t the same as the real deal.

Please hope that we don’t float away soon.  Eat well, hug your loved ones tight!

1 comment:

  1. The patty melt was really good. While fat free cheese might not be any good, meatless burgers taste just like the real thing!

    ReplyDelete