Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 52 - The Skinny Elvis

Wow, I never thought I would ever be eating anything like this sandwich in my lifetime....and actually liking it.  Peanut butter, banana, and bacon...hmmmm....no, yummmm.  It was all creamy inside with the crunch of the bacon.  Really pretty tasty sandwich!  I needed a light dinner since my husband and I got to enjoy a quiet lunch together out at a cafe.  Thanks to my sister-in-law and her husband for taking the kids on a field trip!

Worked in the basement this afternoon, I'm trying to organize the play area for the kiddos.  Getting our old entertainment center back to put down there, so the kids can watch their own movies if they want. 

Decluttering my life is taking much longer than I expected!  There just seems to be more 'stuff' everytime I turn around.  It's not all my fault, our basement is truly a place where electronics come to die or at least collect dust.  There isn't much my husband won't bring home from the work trash can....but I have to admit, he always has good intentions and many of his ideas come to fruition.  It's just the ones that don't seem to work out...

So I'm sitting here at day 52, that's almost 8 weeks and I've lost 7 pounds thus far.  Not too bad, I averaged about a lb a week the first time around 9 years ago, and I can live with that.  Just need to stick with it for the long haul, keep tracking, keep trying new recipes to keep my diet varied.  It really has been fun being committed to a new HG recipe every day.  It's amazing that I've already gotten this far!  I have lots more to lose, so I'll be here everyday, hopefully for awhile now.  Our computer problems have been cutting into my blog time for sure.

I recently became a complete and total Gleek...looking forward to next season already and I think I'll try to watch the Glee Project starting tonight...soon actually.  I watched all of season one on Netflix over the past couple weeks.  How did I miss this phenomenon?  Oh yeah, I watch too much other tv...but I loved Ryan Murphy's Nip/Tuck on F/X so I'm not surprised I like this show from him too.  I think I might have a slight crush on Will Shuester...not sure I should be admitting that...Matthew Morrison is coming here with NKOTB/Backstreet Boys, but I'll be elsewhere that week....too bad for me.

I've missed typing here, maybe it contributed to my funky state of mind lately....hope to recapture the time on here.  I'm still making the recipes even if I'm not typing about it, I'm really having fun, did I say that already?

Eat well, and don't be afraid to sing along to a song on the radio that reminds you of special times, whoever might be listening. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment